Suspect in AMC movie theater, McDonald’s stabbing in Massachusetts ordered to undergo evaluation

PLYMOUTH – Jared Ravizza made his first appearance Tuesday morning in a Massachusetts courtroom to face charges in a weekend knife trip in a cinema and at McDonald’s on the South Shore. He was subject to evaluation at a psychiatric hospital after a court doctor said he was suffering from “very severe delusions.”

The 26-year-old Martha’s Vineyard resident is accused of entering AMC Braintree 10 without a ticket Saturday night around 6 p.m. and stabbing four young girls inside a theater. The girls were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

Jared Ravizza suspected in movie theater and stabbing at McDonald’s

The mother of the three stabbed girls said their attacker was “laugh all the time.” AMC said it was conducting a “complete “review” of the incident and will have a visible security presence in theater for the near future.

Police are investigating a stabbing at AMC in Braintree.

CBS Boston

About an hour later, authorities said Ravizza pulled up to a McDonald’s drive-thru in his black Porsche. A prosecutor at Plymouth District Court said Tuesday he “briefly exited the vehicle and urinated in public.”

During an argument with an employee at the drive-thru window, Ravizza rushed out of his car and stabbed the worker in the forearm with what appeared to be a long kitchen knife, said the prosecutor. After that, Ravizza allegedly parked his car, entered the restaurant and stabbed a female employee behind the counter three times. Both workers are in stable condition after being treated at hospital.

“He stabbed me…and then I ran to the safe,” the 21-year-old employee told WBZ-TV. It was his first day on the job. ” I do not feel good. I don’t feel safe in this city,” the victim said.

Ravizza was eventually arrested after a fiery crash in Sandwich.

Ravizza suffers from “serious delusions”, says doctor

Appearing in a Plymouth courtroom Tuesday morning in a green jumpsuit with shoulder-length bleached blonde hair, Ravizza was charged with assault with a weapon through murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and contempt of court. modesty in relation to the McDonald’s attack.

The defense requested an assessment of Ravizza’s skills. The court doctor questioned Ravizza and said he suffered from “very serious delusions”, such as believing his family was part of the mafia and that he was “controlled by outside sources”.

“He is exhibiting signs and symptoms of an active psychotic illness,” Dr. Kimberly Bustis said.

A not guilty plea has been entered on Ravizza’s behalf while he undergoes further evaluation at Bridgewater State Hospital. His next hearing in Plymouth is scheduled for June 17.

Ravizza is still scheduled to appear in a Quincy courtroom at a later date to face charges in the movie theater stabbing.

Ravizza has a different person online. One website lists him as the CEO of a renowned full-service digital marketing agency that resides between Beverly Hills and Martha’s Vineyard.

Jared Ravizza appears in Plymouth District Court.

CBS Boston

Connecticut murder investigation

Connecticut State Police on Tuesday connected Ravizza to a murder investigation in Deep River. Police said that hours before Saturday’s events in Massachusetts, Ravizza was at 15 Maritone Lane, where Bruce Feldman, 70, was found dead.

“The investigating officer learned that a suspect approached the residence on Merriwold Lane, threw a shovel through the glass front door and then left,” state police said in a statement . “The complainants identified the suspect as someone they recognized who resided nearby on Maritone Lane.”

Ravizza’s personal items were found at the scene, police said. Officers gave Massachusetts law enforcement a description of his vehicle.

WBZ-TV also obtained court documents showing Ravizza allegedly assaulted his father on Martha’s Vineyard in April. Ravizza’s father told police he was suffering a “mental breakdown.” Police signed a form to have Ravizza detained at a hospital, but the hospital said an examination by a mental health professional found he did not meet detention standards and that he had been released.

Leave a Comment